Thursday, September 6, 2012

Julie & Julia / Jessica & Janet


Have you seen the film "Julie & Julia"? 

I recommend this film! However, BEWARE: it WILL make you hungry!
I began to watch it on E! last weekend and I found it DELIGHTFUL. The cooking, the french food, the lovely acting of Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, it inspired me to get my butt into the kitchen. 

Tuesday Night the sister and I made our way to Trader Joe's and picked up a few goodies and decided to experiment a little in the kitchen. While what we cooked was technically Italian food, a change from the French cuisine in the film, it was still fun! 
My dish: I made angel hair with tomato sauce and basil with some vegan meat, and bruschetta! I toasted the sourdough on the stove, and it was SO yummy and crunchy! I made the bruschetta without olive oil (sadly, we had just ran out!), so I don't know if you can technically call it bruschetta, but the freshness of the tomatoe and basil was delicious. It was carbilicious! 
Trying my hand at some Italiano food
SO MANY CARBS! lol
Toasted bread with my version of bruschetta!
Jan's dish: The sister has had garlic pizza dough sitting in the fridge for a while now so she decided Tuesday was the day! She prepared it, put some tomato sauce, and covered the pizza with broccoli, vegan Italian sausage, kale, mushrooms, and baby tomatoes, with a few pine nuts to top it off. It was tasty!
Jan & her vegan creation
Thank goodness we're racing in the Triathlon this weekend! Luckily, Jan and I always try to make our food as healthy as possible. 


Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment