600m!
My coach wanted me to move up into a faster lane this week. I was excited, but nervous. Luckily, more people showed up to practice and I was moved back down. Good thing actually! I realize that the trick to swimming long distances IS TO REALLY get into a rhythm, to not shoot out right away because you won't last. My comfortable (but still challenging) pace and rhythm is a bit slower for the fast lanes. But it's all good! We didn't do any group swims (where we all bunch up at one of the pool and try to get through the lanes trying not to get kicked and slapped lol).
After practice we always go to Tower Pizza. It's a lot of fun and it's been a chance to get to know each other outside of practice because now in practice it's less talk and more rock (<-stole that from coach Paul lol). I found out some pretty cool things from coach Sarah. One really cool thing! She and Paul OWN Squareone. What is Squareone? All I know is that many people on our team, folks who are doing Team Challenge for a 2nd year, they all have Squareone jerseys and clothing. I always thought to myself, "huh! cool! they train together". That's essentially what they are - a training community! It's awesome! I realize how much I'd like to surround myself by people who want to live an active and fun lifestyle! I can definitely see the community aspect of Squareone (yay COMMUNITIES! The UCC has definitely given me an appreciation for that that's for sure!) They really encourage you to push yourself, to grow as an athlete, to appreciate where you've come from, and really communicate that showing up is an accomplishment in itself!
If you've ever thought of doing a marathon, triathlon, or even a 5K, I HIGHLY encourage it. It will change your life! :) hehe. AND, if you want pointers, I'm not an expert, but I love talking it over with fresh and eager faces who are wanting to TRAIN :)
No comments:
Post a Comment