TriRock San Diego's official charity is the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA). As part of Team Challenge, we commit to not only a rigorous training program, but also to raise funds and awareness for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
![]() |
| More than 80 cents of every dollar raised by Team Challenge goes directly toward research, education, and support services. Their mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. Would you consider donating today? http://www.active.com/donate/trirock12gla/beboldjess |
Nearly 1.4 million Americans suffer from Crohn's & ulcerative colitis. These incurable illnesses attack the digestive system and have painful and embarrassing symptoms like abdominal pain, vomiting, and unpredictable bowels movements. I am fortunate enough to say that I, nor anyone in my family, struggles with Crohn's or colitis, but so many friends & family of friends do.
I didn't quite understand what Crohn's was until I heard the stories of fellow teammates who suffer from Crohn's disease. Our honored teammate, Sean, is only 16 years old and he was diagnosed with Crohn's just recently. Most people develop these diesaese between the ages of 15 and 35. It's crazy how debiltating it can really be.
Here is an article that so affirms the reason behind my wanting to participate in this year's TriRock triathlon. Feel free to pass it along to others! It's so powerful and really portrays how debilitating Crohn's can be - Living with Crohn's

No comments:
Post a Comment