Friday, August 17, 2012

Back in the saddle again

7AM wake up call for 10 mile bike ride yesterday morning! 
Have you ever heard the expression, "...it's like riding a bicycle"? 
Typically, I believe this expression is used to convey the naturalness of doing something, it's so easy or natural, it's like riding a bicycle, you pick it back up like that *fingers snap*. Well, for me, not so easy! 

The first time I rode my bike out and about, I had the hardest time getting on it (it's a bit tall and it takes a little technique getting on it). I had such a hard time that I basically bumped into an older man and made myself look like a drunk person! haha Maybe a bit exaggerated, but it was pretty embarrassing haha. A similar thing happened two weeks ago when I attempted to ride my bike to gym. It took me two attempts to get on and ride. 

CONFESSION: I pretended that something was wrong with the wheel so I didn't look as silly failing to get on it! :P 

I have this worry that I'll fall off my bike when we ride, BUT I feel it's something understandable if you consider the following: 

1). LA drivers are unpredictable. You never know when you have to stop suddenly or swerve to get out of the way.
 2). My bike is a bit tall for me, it's the right size however. Mounting and dismounting for me takes a bit of skill/technique. It's not so easy! 

Anyway, despite these worries, I still stick it out. Yesterday morning, Jan and I got up to do a 10mile bike ride. It was a nice ride, some easy parts, the return was a toughie, but our quads felt awesome afterwards! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment