Monday, August 27, 2012

Battle Wounds


THE TALE:
Yesterday, the sister helped zip up my wetsuit and left a little lip of the velcro sticking out. 500m into yesterday's open water swim, I was feeling some irritation. I pushed through and adjusted it and kept going. By the time I got to 1000m, it started hurting a little more. Grrrr! This is the second time this has happened - the chafing. It looks like I have hickey!...or is it really? ;) haha


THE TALE:
On Saturday, I attempted to "gracefully" dismount my bike while it was still moving. The idea was to swing my left leg over and  land on the right side of my bike. I got my leg up, but I didn't commit enough and started to place too much weight on my right arm. The handle bars started to turn in and I tried to land on my feet to stop myself from completely falling over. I managed to do so, but not without having my handle bars cop a nasty feel on my upper thigh. Here is the evidence.



My wetsuit and bike may have won this battle, but they have yet to win the WAR! 2 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment