Nothing is impossible if you have passion!
5 days ago, I was $900-$1,000 away from my $2,800 fundraising goal.
I'm pretty sure some people de-friended me on Facebook due to my incessant posting and begging (lol) for money. Good riddance!
I'm so moved and inspired by the amount of support, donations, and kind words that people offered in the span of 36 hours. In a previous post, I mentioned that I had a goal to finish the weekend at $2,000. At midnight, I was still a $100 or so to go. I was hopeful, however. Before going to bed, I messaged and emailed friends! Morning came and I was over $2,000!
I luckily had the day to send as many emails and messaged to friends asking them to support the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. The weekend had worn me out so I thought I could use an extra day to bounce back. I had a pretty productive day! By the afternoon, however, I was beat! My shoulders and neck were tight and incredibly achy. I had spent hours messaging and emailing. I was so desperate for relief that I scheduled a massage because my arms and neck could not take it anymore (ALL IN THE NAME FOR A GREAT CAUSE!). Monday night came and Janet was done with her fundraising. I was still less than $200 away. I knew I'd get there. Despite my achy neck and somewhat discouraged attitude, I BELIEVED!
![]() |
| I DID IT!! |
By lunch time the next day, I had finished! I had raised $800 in about 36 hours!!! What an incredible thing! I was so proud of not only myself, but of my friends, who were kind enough to, not only put up with my constant messaging, emailing, and status posting on Facebook, but to also donate! To believe in the cause, just as much as they believe in me to accomplish my goal - fundraising and participating in this triathlon. Their supportive words, and donations inspired me! They INSPIRE ME! I know that it's a matter of pushing, and believing!!!
Thank you -
My Mom!! and Dad
Helga
Alexandro
Simon
Ashley
Marc
Paul
Eugene
Ian
Alexandra
Job
Justin
Addie
Albert
Adrian
Josef
Robert
Mary
Crytal
Obi
Ramon
Kim
Erica
Roland
Jose
Sergio
Mark
The Torres Family
Tia Yolanda & John
Susan
Pat
Lorna
Julie & Simon
Janet
Ian
James
Tara & Paul
Josephine
Anthony
Summera
Shannon
Leslie
David
Justin
Jessica
Kurt
Gerard
Mary Ellen
Matthew
Alex
Tiffany
Warren
Kelly
Fabiola
Andrea
Susan
Sabel
Erika
Lorenzo
Alejandra
Kamunge
Bo
Nathan
Alyssa
Brenda
Brittany
Christine
Mary
Michelle
Amber
Chester
Wesley
Scott
Sujean
Nayley
Nicole
Marie
Josue
Kellie
Laurie
Thomas
Steven
janice
Jasmin
Jovo
JJ
Elizabeth
Jennifer
Anita
The Farags
Terry
Derek
Fr. Paul
Deacon Tom
Ed
Gabe
Joaquin
Countless UCC, Temecula, and Family Folk who helped with monetary donations, donations for our garage sale, donations for baked goods, and their supportive words!

Wohoooo! Yay for reaching your goal and have fun on race day! Good work Jess! -Alejandra!
ReplyDelete